Distinctly modern sword with an ancient soul Boshin retains legendary wakizashi sharpness, adds state-of-the-art upgrades
The Boshin Wakizashi epitomizes Honshu’s celebrated knack for fusing tradition and innovation into masterworks of modern sword design and engineering. True to the legendary Japanese Wakizashi’s roots, the Boshin boasts a 30 3/8” full-tang blade that is simply unrivaled in sharpness and durability. Swordsmiths and scholars have long deemed the storied Wakizashi the sharpest weapon on the planet, and, fittingly, no edge on any sword, anywhere can contend with the shear cutting and cleaving clout of the Boshin’s impossibly sharp 1060 high carbon steel blade. It can literally slice through a cinder block like a hot knife through butter, suffering nary a scratch or fissure. But take one look at the Boshin and it immediately becomes clear – this is no ordinary Wakizashi.
More “black ops” than “black tie” Boshin sheds elegant samurai robes, dons tactical duds tailored to today’s warrior
Trading traditional trappings and garb for contemporary style and cutting-edge appointments, the innovative Boshin is undeniably a weapon for the modern era. Advanced textured TPR rubber shrouds the tsuka for an ergonomic no-slip grip you just can’t get from conventional ray skin and cord. The tsuka is crowned with an oversized polished steel kashira with handy lanyard hole, and the tsuba snubs fanciful ornamentation in favor of a pragmatic asymmetrical pointed ellipse design. Deep blood grooves extend along the sleek, gleaming blade from the base of the tsuba to the outset of the boshi, the blade’s placid terminal curve that culminates with the stinging kissaki, or point.
“Saya” love it Sleek, tastefully clean scabbard furthers contemporary vibe
A tough black wooden saya, or scabbard, secures the razor-sharp blade. In keeping with the Boshin’s clean, functional aesthetic motif, the satiny smooth saya is largely unembellished, save the handsome black genuine leather sageo. Even among far more expensive swords, Honshu’s remarkably affordable Boshin Wakizashi is sure to become the cherished focal point of your collection, admired and coveted by all who lay eyes on it.
Zen and the art of swordcraft Wielding the Boshin is nothing short of surreal
With its fierce cutting potency and sublime feel, wielding this carbon steel masterpiece is almost Zen-like and beyond description; you just have to experience it for yourself! Truly a must-have for longtime Japanese Wakizashi aficionados, beginning sword fanciers and everyone in between.
- A wakizashi for a new era – legendary Japanese sword variety updated with sleek contemporary style and bold tactical appointments
- 22 1/2″ 1060 high carbon steel blade designed for serious, real-world use and the rigors of modern combat
- Retains incomparably sharp edge through vigorous, extended use and other punishing conditions
- Rugged TPR handle – clean, functional design; textured no-slip grip; ergonomic contours boost comfort, reduce fatigue
- Offset elliptical guard and angled pommel with lanyard hole for tethering; both satin-finished stainless steel
- Tough wooden saya beautifully complements sword; accented with black leather sageo
- Overall length: 34″ – ideally sized for covert operations and fast-paced combat